• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 3, 2021

    Borderlands Long loading times on a 2TB m.2 SSD and a 3090 Founders, even on the lowest settings on DX11

    Borderlands Long loading times on a 2TB m.2 SSD and a 3090 Founders, even on the lowest settings on DX11


    Long loading times on a 2TB m.2 SSD and a 3090 Founders, even on the lowest settings on DX11

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 05:24 PM PST

    Specifically, here are my specs:

    Intel Core i9 7900X @ 3.30GHz
    16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1077MHz
    ASRock X299 Extreme4
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
    1863GB Crucial CT2000P1SSD8

    I want to get back into this game after playing it on my old system, but these loading times make it a bit unbearable. All of the loading screens take a whole minute minimum to load an area, even small areas such as Sanctuary. Am willing to try different settings if need be, thanks.

    submitted by /u/Grey1314
    [link] [comments]

    Borderlands takes the shame out of being a "gamer"

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 12:00 AM PST

    I've been gaming since I was a kid. My first system was the Atari 2600. The first system I really remember was the NES. My first swear was saying "Goddamnit" playing Super Mario Brothers. Point is, I've been gaming for a long time.

    For a long time, I was proud to be a gamer, to be one of the kids who knew the secrets of how to beat bosses, to give the tips to my younger cousins, to be the kid that other kids asked to "beat a level for me".

    I grew up in the 90s, woke wasn't a thing yet, but the struggles of the LGTBQ community had long been underway, and in my highschool the debate on if a trans-boy should be allowed on the boys ski trip was a "new" topic. Gay wasn't as demonized, but still such things weren't "every day" topics of high school kids. We had a GSA group "Gay Straight Alliance" and it was not exactly a common thing to exist.

    As I evolved as a person, I grew to realize I had some bigotries I didn't know I had that were learned, and I chose to unlearn them. Around the same time, gaming was becoming more and more an online thing. No longer did you need to have a lan party to play with others. No longer was multiplayer on a console restricted to the number of controllers a system could have. PC gaming was less and less required to play online. And gaming communities grew.

    We all know what happened. The toxic cult of gaming grew. The insecure incels screaming phobic things into your headset made you just not want to play, leaving those who did play either silent to their rages, or part of it. The community grew quiet, and the toxicity grew louder and louder. It became unbearable.

    GamerGate. Review bombing over LGTBQ characters. Phobic and toxic things from the publishers themselves parroting their audience. (I'm looking at YOU, CD Projekt Red, and your rampant transphobia). Dog whistling and red-pilling.

    Many of us stopped calling ourselves gamers. It went from a badge of honor to a mark of quiet shame.

    Then I discovered Borderlands. And while yes the head of gearbox is (allegedly, but I believe it) a sexual predator.. it's obvious that the dev team is full of love and acceptance. I can't get over how inclusive these games are. And how the borderlands community of players don't even think of it as a big deal, which is a big deal. Like, Hammerlocke is gay. And he has a robot arm. And he hates claptrap. And those are just who he is, none more or less needing examination than any other aspect of who he is. Which when you think of it, is f*cking incredible.

    I was making a list of all the representation in the game. Hammerlocke and Jakobs get their own entire DLC that's half an long as they main game, and not only did nobody freak out about "get your politics out of my game!" But it's regarded as one of the most fun and enjoyable dlc's created. People love the relationship.

    Moxxie is bi, or maybe pan. Tiny Tina is bi, she had an ex girlfriend that took her skag. Ellie is at least flirtatious with both sexes. Claptrap dances with a girl in a wheelchair to show her that having wheels is great and shouldn't stop your dreams of dancing. Tannis has aspergers. Disabled people and LGTBQ people aren't just side characters and villains.

    And then it hit me. What about trans representation in the games? And then I realized.. unless the devs SPECIFICALLY tell us a character is trans.. The way they built the world.. we would never know. Because how does every character react to Hammerlocke and Jakobs being a gay couple? .. They don't. They're just like "yeah those two". Nobody cares. So I'm 99% certain that in the world of Borderlands, if a trans woman tells someone she's a woman.. NOBODY is going to argue with them. Nobody is going to say "yOu WeRe BoRn WiTh A pEnIs!". Nobody is going to accuse them of trying to sneak into other bathrooms or other bs strawman arguments. No, if a trans person exists in this game, we would never know it because all the characters would just accept their preferred pronouns because that's that kind of world they built.

    And that's f*cking amazing.

    And for ONCE in the last 20 or so years, I'm not ashamed to call myself a gamer.

    submitted by /u/Deminox
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone want to play borderlands remaster?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 07:11 PM PST

    New characters, No cheats

    submitted by /u/ZofLight
    [link] [comments]

    anyone wanna play borderlands GOTY enhanced with me?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 12:38 PM PST

    I'll be streaming borderlands and I want people to play with me when I stream :D so if that's cool with you just send me your steam code and we can play :) please be cool lmao

    submitted by /u/Buuksta
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any point in playing Borderlands 1 or should I before playing 2?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 03:48 PM PST

    I want to buy a borderlands game but I don't know if I should skip the first one or not?

    submitted by /u/MeLoNsHoPpEr
    [link] [comments]

    Borderlands 1 on switch not working

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 02:06 PM PST

    Getting the software was closed because an error occurred

    the game is updated tried it both on SD card and system memory

    ive seen problems for the 2nd one but the 1st one n the cart is giving me trouble

    submitted by /u/FuckDarkFact
    [link] [comments]

    LF other Players to play in party with!!

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 08:39 AM PST

    Hey everyone, I recently purchased a copy of Borderlands - The Legendary Collection for my Switch and I don't really have any online friends to start a party with...so I figured I'd try my luck here on Reddit posting to one of the Borderlands sub-reddit's and hope for the best that there's other Nintendo Switch players who are also interested in doing the same thing as me. I dont care which installment we play cuz the Borderlands trilogy is probably my favorite game(s) of all time...but I also wanna mention that I have plenty more games I play and seeing as how my friends list is looking pretty lonely and barren I could use a few friends to play in a party with on any multiplayer supported titles to be completely honest. So please, if there's any other players also looking for the same thing then feel free to PM me and/or reply to my post if you're comfortable posting your Username and Friend Code in order for me to send you a friend request, or if you'd rather do differently then I could send you my friend code instead giving you the option to add me to your friends list :) I hope to hear from some of y'all who are also interested in the same thing!! Thank you for your time!!

    submitted by /u/soopamane
    [link] [comments]

    PC Borderlands GOTY Jack's other eye is gone

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 07:34 AM PST

    So basically i killed One-Eyed Jack and the loot flew some distance, some at the gate, some at the place where i killed him (in middle), but i can't find the eye. Kept looking, also googled it, someone posted a reddit post here too, but said he found it like 20m away from the place where he killed him. Looked again, can't find it, went to do another quest in a different place, came back, searches for another 20 minutes, and i can't find it. Is there a way to spawn it in or complete the quest ?

    submitted by /u/wolfman583
    [link] [comments]

    Does borderlands 3 online co op require ps plus

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 10:12 AM PST

    The title says it all and one more thing, will I still easily find people on co op matchmaking

    submitted by /u/gaurang_tulsian2206
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of firing up BL3

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 08:38 AM PST

    Left BL3 after a single playthrough because the thought of repeating the campaign to experience the other characters seemed like a chore at the time, plus I had some hard crashing issues with the Xbox One X. I now have the Series X and am thinking of firing up BL3 for another playthrough but have no idea what characters have been updated and/or nerfed since launch. Any suggestions on who to play for a return?

    submitted by /u/zagxc
    [link] [comments]

    BORDERLANDS STORY TO USE AS D&D CAMPAIGN PLOT

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 11:26 AM PST

    Hi, it's me again, have you got any idea about a non-canon Borderlands based story that I could use for my rpg game with my friends?

    submitted by /u/Ant-Much
    [link] [comments]

    LF Friends for bl1 pc

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 12:48 AM PST

    Doing goty enhanced om PC and LF m8s to play with for all achievments. Anybody Up?

    submitted by /u/killersn4il
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment