• Breaking News

    Friday, October 9, 2020

    Borderlands Synopsis of why Borderlands 2 is considered superior to all others.

    Borderlands Synopsis of why Borderlands 2 is considered superior to all others.


    Synopsis of why Borderlands 2 is considered superior to all others.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 08:13 AM PDT

    Upfront, I don't ever start threads. I only comment once in a while to something I find interesting. I really want to get some feedback from our community when it comes to this opinion. Now, I've played the series from the start and play primarily on XBOX. I walked into GameStop shortly after the first came out and asked the cashier if they could recommend a good couch co-op RPG type game. After playing thru I was hooked (as I'm sure most on here had been).

    I think we can all agree that the "story" of Borderlands was... underwhelming. Angel didn't make a lot of sense... I found myself asking "who the hell is she? why am I listening to her"? The gameplay, loot system, environments, and humor made up for that. I wasn't familiar with any other gearbox games at the time. Fast forward to the release of Borderlands 2.

    I'm preaching to the choir when I say the story was amazing CONSIDERING what the writers ( specifically Anthony Burch) created with so little based on the story of the first game. I'm getting to a point here. Mikey Newman, Anthony Burch, David Eddings, the folks who created Jack, Pandora, Tina, Knoxx, Torgue,.... they are all gone. Everyone remembers Captain Flynt saying "lets turn up the heat". Everyone remembers Sledge's character screen saying "P.S. you guys aren't friends." Everyone remembers the Claptrap web series. Randy got lucky with the talent he had at that time. Gearbox makes crappy games. That's not opinion. Look at the track record they have.

    Borderelands 2 was a fluke. Randy Pitchford got lucky. Gearbox got lucky. We got lucky to get such an amazing game. I've watched lots of reviews on 3. Yes, I play the crap out of it. But to see some of the reviews I have from bigger names in the community I truly believe they are being disingenuous. I hate the end of Tina's DLC because it gets me close to tears. I'm a 40 year old guy. Borderlands 3 and it's DLC's are trying to piggy back on a game that did have amazing depth and writing. These DLC's are lazy in my opinion. I didn't feel any emotion at all the whole time. None. I thought the Pre-Sequel was weak compared to two. But this? Wow. This makes the Pre-Sequel look amazing. I grinded every unique EVERY SINGLE ONE in one weekend. All legendaries and all uniques. Is that a bad thing? Not really. But the fact that I get the exact same legendaries with the exact same stats again and again? Thats what made all the other ones better IMO. I farmed treants for hours for a better Bee. Never got duplicates.

    When Ellie was introduced in 2 I was apprehensive at first but came to love her. (Scooter was the only one Id catch a ride from) Claptrap got better in Borderlands 2. These beloved characters feel like generic filler in Borderlands 3. I find Claptrap to be straight up annoying. I hate him in this. I'm not here to deconstruct the characters but the writing feels like they hired people who never played the franchise and said "here. just make it happen". Instead of Torgue, Doctor Zed, Tina, Steve, (I mean the dude only says Heyyooo but still) we get... a F!@#$ing Gilmore Girls Easter egg? Are you kidding me? The end credits? Holy shit. The Calypso twins are forgettable. I didn't say pure crap or annoying because they should be annoying. But generic.

    Ok, if you read this far thank you so much. Ill end on this. Gearbox set a standard with Knoxx, Jack, Shade, Scooter, etc. They got lucky. We wont ever get that kind of writing again. I wont pre-order Borderlands games again. Borderlands 2 was a lucky fluke. We wont be getting that again.

    submitted by /u/ssgsefranek
    [link] [comments]

    Borderlands 3, so what happened to Mayhem 10 weapons in regards to the damage?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    So all of my lvl 65 Mayhem 10 weapons have damage numbers as if they were just lvl 65 without the Mayhem. I have a lvl 65 ,Mayhem 10, fire, Kaos AR that went from 15.4k that is now 4.6k in damage. Everything Mayhem 10 has had its damage reduced including my grenade mods.

    submitted by /u/PlusArrival
    [link] [comments]

    Any snipers without scope in base game or DLC?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    I really miss my Buffalo and elephant guns from the previous games. Any luck in 3?

    submitted by /u/ToastyTobasco
    [link] [comments]

    [Bl1] I was driving to complete the The Next Piece and killed one eyed jack again along the way. At some point during the fight a bobble head and money dropped which I cannot pick up. What is it?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/KnJNhb9

    My post kept getting deleted without the spoiler tag

    submitted by /u/JamesJefferyJackson_
    [link] [comments]

    Minor annoyance.. about bloody harvest event..

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 04:47 PM PDT

    They can't even make it so the vault hunters know they've done it before.. act like it's the first time again.. are the rewards the same as before too or new?

    submitted by /u/kaijuking87
    [link] [comments]

    Bloody Harvest Rewards “Glitching”?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    I had previously completed all 15/15 tasks 4/4 Rewards for the Bloody Harvest event last year. I had been re-doing them yesterday, as the weapon skin looks fantastic, and I had unlocked the Trinket & Echo Skin with no hassles. I then unlocked Task 12 & 13 in a single Heck run, went to "unlock" my Character Skin....and Reward Box 3 & 4 are "ticked" and there is no Character Skin in the Machine!!

    Has anyone else had this issue? I loaded a different character, disabled/enabled the Event - no luck. I don't particularly want to Run Haunt another 6 times and hunt for the Loot Ghosts if the final weapon skin won't unlock! 🤔

    submitted by /u/MartoMcFly
    [link] [comments]

    LOOTSPLOSION! - October 09, 2020

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    Look at allll that gearrrrr!

    Welcome to the /r/Borderlands LOOTSPLOSION! Show us your most highly prized, your most disappointing, your hardest-won pieces of booty. Tell the tale of how it was won. Ask questions about it, if you like, or describe just how nifty it's been for you.

    (Every week we'll post a new LOOTSPLOSION! thread for that week's show-and-tell. Show us what you've got!)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone wanna play borderlands 2 on the XBOX1?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:41 PM PDT

    We can set up a party and play. Any level. Any class. Let's just have some fun. Message me!

    submitted by /u/HewJanuss
    [link] [comments]

    The transformer dedicated source

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:35 PM PDT

    Does anyone know the exact place to get this shield from? Or if there is an exact place? I'm trying to get the STNL movement anoint and I've heard it's kilavolt but I've killed him a ridiculous amount today to have only gotten one

    submitted by /u/Jhhvt
    [link] [comments]

    Phylachteries can glitch during the Captain Haunt fight

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    Tagging as "known bug" since it was the closest thing, butttttttt I've been running into a super annoying glitch during the Captain Haunt fight. If you shoot the shielding phylachteries too soon, there's a possibility that the game doesn't recognize that they're destroyed and leave you stuck in the invincibility phase.

    submitted by /u/fatal_death_2
    [link] [comments]

    Gearbox and/God hates me.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:06 PM PDT

    To cut a long story short my character was wiped from bl2 and reverted 10 levels as soon as I beat the main game and before I could play the DLC. So, somewhat defeated I started tales. I've absolutely loved it so far and blew through most of it in a few days. Literally minutes ago I was finally at the climax where (SPOILERS) our pair of heros reaches the inside of the vault. I had to tend to something real quick so I saved the game and dealt with that, as I came back to the game my file was somehow from episode fucking three and ive lost literally all my progress past that.

    Soooo...can't beat the game I spent hours on and now have the biggest case of the proverbial blue balls in recorded history. Guess I can watch the ending on YouTube like I'm 11 again and watching Markiplier play TWD because I couldn't afford the game. Fun!!

    Huge shoutout to my xbox which apparently has developed the ability to leap backwards in time but exclusively uses it on game saves. Couldn't have gotten here without you champ xoxo

    submitted by /u/kirbomb
    [link] [comments]

    Mayhem 10 modifiers

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 02:40 PM PDT

    Can you roll a lootsplosion, freeze tag, chain gang, and holy crit ?

    submitted by /u/happyskippy1
    [link] [comments]

    I really tried to love BL2 vr.....

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:41 AM PDT

    I just couldn't.

    It gave me such a headache and was nauseating the play no matter how much I missed with the settings just made me wish I was playing regular borderlands 2.

    This game was so poorly optimised for vr the no amount of telling myself I love it because I love this game normally made it enjoyable.

    All I did was give me a hankering to go back and play the original games

    On that note which one would you recommend jumping into I have all of them and I am stuck trying to decide between playing borderlands 2 as Maya or borderlands 3 as Amara.

    submitted by /u/Bleeper2000
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    If I buy "Tales of the Borderlands" in the physical edition I can still have chapters 2-5 and that happens with "Game of Thrones". Telltale games. Xbox One

    submitted by /u/Smart_Current
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone buy shirts or hoodies from gearbox loot??

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:47 AM PDT

    Do thinga fit well or should I order a size up do to shrinking?

    submitted by /u/Bleeper2000
    [link] [comments]

    How do you start the event?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    I missed all the events last time around, so I want to try them this time

    submitted by /u/murpheyj
    [link] [comments]

    Loot Ghost.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:39 AM PDT

    Can Loot ghosts spawn outside of heck or are they only in the heck instance?

    submitted by /u/mtobi4
    [link] [comments]

    Ghast call grenade non anointed?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    I completed the heck hole 4 times and got 2 ghast calls on mayhem 10, both of which were non anointed. Is it supposed to be non anointed? Did anyone get an anointed one?

    submitted by /u/naughty_thanos
    [link] [comments]

    Dungeons and Horde Mode not working?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    I have a group of three that have started to play pretty regularly on PS4. We tried horde mode and the random dungeons mode and we sat in queue for forever with nothing happening. We are not the max level and we do not have any DLC, could those be the reasons we aren't able to play those modes?

    Also, do we have to matchmake for a 4th person? We'd love to be able to play with just us 3. Thank you everyone!

    submitted by /u/Brunnswick
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment