• Breaking News

    Monday, March 15, 2021

    Borderlands GOTY enhanced version is breaking very strangely and I'm at a complete loss.

    Borderlands GOTY enhanced version is breaking very strangely and I'm at a complete loss.


    GOTY enhanced version is breaking very strangely and I'm at a complete loss.

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 01:36 AM PDT

    So like the title states, something is seriously wrong with this game for me. First I'll list my computer's specs and then I'll get into the... numerous issues I'm having.

    OS: Win 10

    CPU: Intel i7-10700k

    GPU: Nvidia 2060 super (evga)

    32 gigs of ram

    Monitor displays at 3840x2160 60 hz

    more than enough hard drive space

    using the game through steam

    This is a completely fresh install that I've deleted and redownloaded a couple times now, it's not a corrupted file.

    The issues: First issue I noticed is that the graphics settings I applied in the launcher didn't match up what it booted as, the resolution was too small (running in windowed mode), and anisotropic filtering was at lowest despite me telling both settings to do otherwise, which got my attention cause it made the game look like crap. I looked into this issue specifically and quickly discovered several tricks for this (usually involving bypassing the launcher) and I tried a couple of those solutions. First I just told the game to skip the launcher, which does still briefly open the launcher. Those two settings were still not what I set them to after restarting several times, and they were slightly different resolutions and anisotropic filtering settings every time. It seems somewhat random but it always goes to the lower ones out of the 5 or so boot ups I went through troubleshooting this. Now this is when I noticed other problems.

    Here's the images of what happened https://imgur.com/a/hUQ4Yss

    So, I tried a different method of getting the launcher out of the picture, renaming the launcher to something bogus and then renaming the actual game to "Launcher.exe" so steam skips the launcher entirely. It opened in windowed mode (which I was telling it to cause fullscreen can be buggy in my experience especially with streaming and I wanted to show my girlfriend the game while playing it) and after opening it appeared to be a full sized window. I was excited, thinking I might have fixed it with this trick. Turns out, it got worse. As you can tell by the images I sent, it was doing a full window, but only displaying a section of the entire game we're all supposed to see oriented to the top left of the screen. I looked in the settings thinking changing the resolution would fix it and was surprised to see it said it was a much smaller resolution than my actual monitor. I go ahead and make the change, telling it my proper resolution and the image stretches slightly vertically and the screen blows up more, now extending well past the boundaries of my main monitor and going well into my second monitor. (Ignore the weird eye sticker thing I wanted to cover up the messages on the other screen that were in the picture)

    At this point I start really getting confused about this issue and I close the game down and this time, I try and set it for fullscreen, I assumed that maybe windowed mode was just programmed badly or something. It actually gets worse from here though. I boot it up in fullscreen and it looks fine. It's the right resolution, everything is crisp and clean with no jagged pixel lines to be seen. I get so excited by this that I tab out to message a friend that I fixed it, at which point the game seems to disappear. I don't question it because fullscreen games do just kinda do that until you tab back into them. I didn't see that shortly after this, the icon disappeared from my taskbar too. I clicked the chat bar in discord and saw it look like it normally would. But when I typed windows went apeshit and opened a bunch of things as if I wasn't focusing on an application. It kept doing this and I thought to tab back into the game and then tab out again, and then I realized the game had crashed and my keyboard was now behaving like it couldn't focus on any applications. I had to reboot my computer. What the fuck.

    So here I am now, typing this because I couldn't find an issue quite like this described anywhere else and I just want to revisit a game I had tons of fun with back when I was a teenager. Thanks in advance for any help you all give.

    submitted by /u/wellfuckmylife
    [link] [comments]

    Lol I just killed Ned, spent the entire DLC picking up brains thinking they'd stack up, nope 1/10 when I meet TK.

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 05:15 PM PDT

    I never went to where he was because usually they show question marks or places of interest on the map. Can't believe all those brains were wasted. Bit of a design flaw imo.

    submitted by /u/AbsoIution
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the Kaos

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 10:59 AM PDT

    Is it possible for the Kaos to spawn with a scope? I've been farming the Psycho-Billies a few days ago and every Kaos they dropped, they always spawned with Ironsights. I've never seen one with a scope. Can it even spawn with one?

    submitted by /u/Clash_Blazr50
    [link] [comments]

    Worst child on borderlands?!

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 06:27 PM PDT

    Who do you think is the worst child in the borderlands games?!

    :Ava

    :Pickle

    :Tina.

    submitted by /u/game-lovers-69
    [link] [comments]

    I can never find an online game not even one person to play with on any mode

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 06:26 PM PDT

    when i enter matchmaking it just searches for hours never finding anyone is this game dead or is my game bugged? [BL3]

    submitted by /u/enoidd
    [link] [comments]

    Most fun character in BL3 for you?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 04:22 AM PDT

    Which of the four characters do you find most fun to play?

    submitted by /u/Embarrassed_Health80
    [link] [comments]

    Which Shield Part Guide is Right?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 07:58 AM PDT

    I've been trying to learn shield parts and I've come across 2 different parts guides. They both list different values for each of the parts and I don't know which one has the correct values. (If you want to see the 2, search up shield parts guide and go to images. One has a navy blue background and the other has a gray background) If anyone can send me a link or tell me which is the correct one it would be much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/GuyWithTheCats
    [link] [comments]

    Nisha "One For Each Of Ya" glitch on Legendary Collection (Switch)

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 09:03 AM PDT

    Looks like Nisha stacked her pistols for a little while instead of using one gun per hand. Function was not affected.

    https://youtu.be/aB-A1ERKZK0

    submitted by /u/aarondigruccio
    [link] [comments]

    DLC Ideas for Borderlands 3

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 08:54 AM PDT

    1. You have to help Dr. Zed explore the big crack in the side of pandora in an attempt to create a monster to destroy the Hyperion site in fyrestone

    2. A second campaign of bunkers and badasses run by tiny Tina with salvador, axton, Ava, and tannis.

    3. You have to defend sanctuary 3 from an attack by maliwan and then hunt down the leaders of maliwan to take back parts of the ship

    4. Handsom Jack has one last thing planed before he died. Find his plan and continue it to find a vault containing a creature which can create whole planets.

    submitted by /u/Francise_wheremtndew
    [link] [comments]

    Question about heads

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 07:49 AM PDT

    In the customization, it shows x/41 heads for any character, but all sources on google/youtube/etc. only talk about 36 of them. is there a reason? why does no one talk about the other 5 heads?

    submitted by /u/wolfehdotexe
    [link] [comments]

    Borderlands 3 Cross-Platform Play

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 09:08 AM PDT

    Any new information on when they plan allow co-op between xbox, playstation, and pc besides that it's coming sometime in 2021?

    submitted by /u/Effort_n_Attitude
    [link] [comments]

    Biggest Borderlands fan but things like Mad Mel ruin the game.

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 04:38 AM PDT

    Played Borderlands all the way in 2009, and have been a huge fan since, playing every single game, on multiple platforms, PC, 360, PS3, Xbox One, X1X and now Series X. I own B3 on PC and Series X.

    Recently back to Borderlands GOTY - again. Love it, such a great game, however things like Mad Mel utterly ruin it for me. I play just fine and have a great time without issue, then honestly as soon as I see 'Mad Mel' I just want to put it off and do something else, and not even bother trying, I dread it.

    Well, I tried, and I am level 21 or 22 I think, during the whole game so far I think I have died maybe once. In the last 30 minutes doing Mad Mel I have died over and over and over AND OVER, in utter sh*t ways, I would say about 15 -20 times.

    Garbage. It's not actually 'FUN' to have crap like this in the game. Who decides this ?

    So, I just exited the game.

    submitted by /u/Slippery_Minky
    [link] [comments]

    Has BL3 gotten any better on PC?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2021 04:24 AM PDT

    I play mostly on console as of late, but my heart will always belong to the speed and accuracy I can play with on a PC. Last time I played BL3 was a real mess. Frame rate coming and going and just a real rough time trying to enjoy it. My rig isn't anything special, some dated components with a half decent GPU. I can play things like skyrim or the other borderlands on ultra settings (w/ mods in skyrims case) with no problems. Has any of that been resolved? Or will have to dump a ton of money into the machine to get it to play?

    submitted by /u/tits_the_artist
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment