• Breaking News

    Friday, July 9, 2021

    Borderlands Does anyone else think the franchise is getting way too crazy and weird? The games went from desolate vault hunter to colorful acid trip batshit crazy.

    Borderlands Does anyone else think the franchise is getting way too crazy and weird? The games went from desolate vault hunter to colorful acid trip batshit crazy.


    Does anyone else think the franchise is getting way too crazy and weird? The games went from desolate vault hunter to colorful acid trip batshit crazy.

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 04:27 AM PDT

    It's getting to a point where I get headaches after half an hour with all these crazy effects, enemies, weird dialogue and colors going on. My brain can't keep up with all that What's next?? 5 hours of trip visuals?

    Personally I think BL1 had the best balance in that regard . No over the top shit and still funny and interesting

    submitted by /u/Aesthetik_1
    [link] [comments]

    I’m playing the Borderlands series for the first time and just finished the first game

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 12:06 PM PDT

    To give you a little background, I have never played any of the Borderlands games and really don't care that much about RPG content in general (the only other one I've played was Destiny). I really like story-based games, which is why I enjoy Telltale content, despite it not really being the most interactive. Telltale's Tales From The Borderlands peaked my interest, but seeing as how it was technically the fourth game out of five, I decided to start from the beginning and bought all of the games for a Borderlands binge.

    To my surprise, I actually really enjoyed the first game in the series, despite it being a genre of game I don't typically play. The style of the characters and creatures, mixed with the desolate atmosphere of Pandora, created a setting that felt truly special and lived in, while also feeling like a comic book brought to life through gaming. The concept of these intergalactic treasure troves scattered across the galaxy, and your player hunting them down, was very enticing and kept me engaged throughout the whole story, even when I noticed certain moments of obvious filler for the missions.

    Now to get some criticisms out of the way; From my minimal experience with shooter games, I prefer assault rifle combat, so I chose Roland as my main character, and I had a lot of fun with him, but there's absolutely no personality for the guy. Though I haven't played the other characters yet I imagine that they are all similarly bland because, despite their differing play-styles, there are no real stakes for the character you play, meaning they might as well be named "Generic Action Hero #3" and the result would be the same. I never really found the story to be emotionally compelling, because my character was never compelled emotionally.

    I was similarly disappointed by the villains, mainly Commandant Steele. She briefly shows up in the first third of the game in voice-over, is gone from the second third of the game, and becomes important in the final third, only to be killed by the Destroyer before we can fight. It just kind of made her character seem a little pointless. Overall, I just think it's a bad sign when you have more of an emotional connection to the side characters of Patricia Tannis and Scooter, rather than your protagonist and antagonist.

    Dr. Ned's Zombie Island - This was probably my favorite DLC in the bunch. It provided the most unique setting with the spooky forest and swamps, as well as some actually scary encounters with the undead. I've heard that the Borderlands series is known for its dark comedy, but I felt like the main game was actually pretty light on laughs; this DLC immediately changed my mind, as all of the dialogue with Dr. Ned (who totally isn't Dr. Zed with a mustache) was hilarious. The shorter amount of missions was also a nice change of pace, though I unfortunately didn't find out about the TK Baha side-quest until after I had completed the story, so collecting all of the brains was a pain in the ass.

    Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot - Pretty much the opposite of the prior DLC, there was no story to this one, except Moxxi testing combatants to become her new husband. I really like the shooting mechanics of Borderlands, but this DLC was honestly unnecessary.

    The Secret Armory of General Knoxx - This DLC was a lot of fun. I really loved the dry humor of General Knoxx, and I felt like the story rectified the base game's mistake of making the Crimson Lance kinda forgettable; they're actually tough to kill and feel like a true threat to contend with. Developing Scooter through his interesting relationship to his mother, Moxxi, as well as introducing the new character of Athena, who has an enigmatic past with the Atlas Corporation, we're things I really appreciated, and the new gameplay mechanics, involving the different vehicles you could choose, were a lot of fun. My only problem is the lack of fast travel in DLC's, which is made painful in this map, as it takes forever to get anywhere on foot, and you usually have Crimson Lance barricades blocking your way; that really sucked the enjoyment out of this DLC for me, having to continuously drive back and forth across the map.

    Claptrap's New Robot Revolution - This DLC was enjoyable, though not my favorite. While the prior DLC had succeeded in developing side characters and resolving remaining plot lines, this story just feels like it doesn't really change anything; Claptrap incites a revolution of robots that is then swiftly ended by the Hyperion Corporation and Vault Hunters, while Claptrap is reverted back to his old self, which is disappointing after the fun cliffhanger the base game ended on. Despite this, I did really like the theme of hypocrisy used for Claptrap, as he just becomes a new master for his fellow Claptrap units, showing his pursuit of revolution is only about personal power. I do know that Hyperion will be important later because of the character Handsome Jack, who I've heard is the most iconic character in the franchise, so I'm looking forward to seeing if any of this DLC carries over into Borderlands 2.

    TL;DR - Despite the lack of emotional connection you have with the protagonist and antagonist of the story, the atmosphere and style of this game is excellent, the gameplay is a lot of fun, and though the DLC's were hit-and-miss, I think they improved upon the base game by a lot.

    submitted by /u/Broadbeck7
    [link] [comments]

    Am I doing something wrong?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 08:58 PM PDT

    So I've been playing the borderlands games for a while. Decided to get back into BL3 and replay the revenge of the cartels as Moze, currently level 66. I decided that I'll kick things up a bit and am playing on mayhem 9. I understand its supposed to be hard, but I'm just at a bit of a loss.

    My weapons seem to do absolutely nothing. I'll empty multiple clips into a single CryptoSec Basher and barely do a dent of damage on them.

    Then I get into Iron Bear and absolutely shred through anyone with ease. I'm at a bit of a loss. Iron Bear feels too easy but my weapons don't do anything to the enemies.

    I've never been the type of guy to research into crazy builds or weapons or anything but I'd like to be able to enjoy the game and kill enemies without having to rely on Iron Bear.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/Jehovas__Thickness
    [link] [comments]

    Who can play Borderlands 1/2/TPS with me?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 01:56 PM PDT

    I haven't started a True Vault Hunter mode anywhere yet, but i want to. I just think, without any people, completing same things is rlly boring. My NS Friend Code: SW-4655-3058-3411

    Upd: i'm from Europe

    submitted by /u/MelloGangster
    [link] [comments]

    Players

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 09:24 PM PDT

    Need BL3 players

    submitted by /u/AGR1076
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone wanna play BL2 with me ?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 09:17 AM PDT

    My psn is khyh_the_best

    submitted by /u/Iker_khyh_lima
    [link] [comments]

    Save bug

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 12:30 PM PDT

    Sup dudes, yesterday me and my friends finished the game and wanted to play the dlcs , so when we entered the game and press continue , i choose normal mode and the game started from beginning and all our progress were gone , is there a way to fix this and to continue the part that we left at the dlcs ? + all our locations discovered like before or we are screwed ?

    submitted by /u/The_Dude_79
    [link] [comments]

    Mayhem levels are fun but horribly balanced.

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 03:44 PM PDT

    I remember the devs talking about how they weren't sure how to balance or patch for UVHM or OP levels or being nervous about how things interacted with The Bee shield. As a result most of the weapons in BL2 are garbage and worthless. I played 3 when the game came out on steam for a few months and have recently got back into it. Shot straight to mayhem 10 as quickly as I could with a very sizable collection of M10 legendaries. After so many years of DLC, patches and updates since BL2. I'm happy to report most legendaries are still terrible and not worth using in the slightest in TVHM M10.
    Yes I use the strongest build I can, yes I match elements with the proper targets. I am just upset that so many fun and unique weapons are trash and do negative damage at the top end. A standard m10/11 backpack is 5 different guns just being in every element. I am very confused by this.

    submitted by /u/Lancerkils
    [link] [comments]

    OP levels in BL2 are ridiculously unbalanced, is there talk of ever fixing this? Or is this the final version of the game?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 12:57 PM PDT

    As it stands, OP10 is basically impossible unless you have 1 in a billion luck on Salvador. And since were on the subject, why can only 1 character out of 6 even do OP10? When 80% of your characters cant even do the end game, there's a massive issue that needs to be addressed.

    submitted by /u/Shottaz83
    [link] [comments]

    Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep on true vault hunter mode

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 07:52 AM PDT

    I bought the DLC with the game (steam) And waited to finish the main story before doing it, but then changed to True Vault Hunter mode and now I can't see/get the Mission… What to do?

    submitted by /u/solisol
    [link] [comments]

    Moxxie upskirt glitch still works in vr

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 02:55 PM PDT

    To the community I have found that the "under moxxi's bar glitch still works in bl2 vr in fact it's easier than ever thanks to teleporting.

    If you also knew this was possible plz don't call me a noob for just now learning about this.

    Have an awesome day.

    submitted by /u/shadowghost905
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment