• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 17, 2021

    Borderlands Playing Borderlands 2 for the first time

    Borderlands Playing Borderlands 2 for the first time


    Playing Borderlands 2 for the first time

    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 09:01 PM PST

    yes, you read that right. it's my first time playing borderlands 2 in 2021. i wasnt allowed to play video games growing up, so ive been binging them in college. ive always wanted to play through the series, and i remember watching people play on youtube aa a kid, but playing it myself is entirely different. so far, this game is everything ive hoped it was and more.

    here are my first impressions! idc if anyone reads this, i just need to get my excitement out. short disclaimer - only played for about an hour, havent even entered sanctuary yet. (spoilers r fine, this game has been out for nearly a decade)

    visuals - i was worried that the 2012 visuals would be kinda jank, but everything really holds up. the style is forever iconic, the ui is clean, the open world is detailed and immersive, and the 3d models arent jarring to look at. for some reason the quality drops when a cutscene plays, but im not sure if thats just my pc or the game itself. all the environmental storytelling details are really neat. seeing dying guys hanging in cages just brings everything together.

    gameplay - i love guns. guns are so fun. ive never been a fan of shooters, but oh my god. headshots are so fun. i am terrible to an almost offensive level, of course, but the second wind feature feels handmade for dumb little babies like me. im not focused on thinking or strategizing, im focused on forgetting to reload and walking into fire and getting stuck in corners, and this game is just like, "yeah, okay, keep doing that i guess, we know how much you love shooting mindlessly", and by god am i shooting mindlessly. its so fun. theres CARS!! the cackle i cack'd when i came to the first scootstation (the colloquial name) and remembered there were cars in this game. i am an 18 year old girl and i feel like a cheeto fingered 10 year old boy and this is precisely why i bought this game.

    story - obviously i havent gotten too far into the story and its characters, but the writing is as clever as i remember. the humor is very 2012, but its still geniunely funny, and the ability to not take itself seriously makes the game so much more entertaining. the best pieces of media are ones where the creators evidently had a great time making it. also, im going to punt claptrap like a football.

    overall - i am so giddy, and so, so excited to play more. im probably one of 3 people picking up this game for the first time, but im enjoying every second of it. what are things i can look forward to? what are things to keep in mind?

    submitted by /u/bee_gum
    [link] [comments]

    Imma be real, if they give any of Fl4k’s pets the Bloodwing treatment in BL4...

    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 09:29 PM PST

    Imma cry myself to sleep every night until I die

    submitted by /u/KATCHUPMACHINE
    [link] [comments]

    Is there some distance requirement when turning in missions for everyone to get the xp?

    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 02:37 PM PST

    Me and my gf were playing (the first one) and I noticed once that I picked up money but she didn't get it, and I thought it might have been because we were really far apart.

    Later, she turned in a mission while I was pretty far away and now I'm 1000xp behind her so I assume I didn't get the rewards for it. Is this something anyone else has noticed/thought?

    submitted by /u/Meaty_LightingBolt
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to make the game harder after mayhem 11?

    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 09:08 AM PST

    me and my buddy have been playing for the past few months, now playing through the first season pass, but now it feels like we just steamroll everything even in mayhem 11.

    if there isn't a harder mode, do you have any tips on switching things up to make things more interesting? I play siren and my buddy plays gunner.

    Edit: also where do I spend money and iridium after buying everything lol

    submitted by /u/Mast3rBat3s
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone want to play bl 3 story again I’m on ps4

    Posted: 17 Nov 2021 02:12 AM PST

    If you want I'm going from the start my psn is F_trQ1

    submitted by /u/williamiscool123
    [link] [comments]

    Tiny Tina's One Shot, Treant... Loot?

    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 07:11 PM PST

    What the hell happened to the Treants in this version? When playing the DLC, and you killed a Treant, they dropped ammo, money, iridium, loot! I've run the forest at least 100 times so far, and the most I've gotten from any Treant was a few stacks of cash. Where's the damned Bee! Is anyone else having this problem?

    submitted by /u/keep_out_of_reach
    [link] [comments]

    Tiny Tina One Shot - what the heck do I do with money?

    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 06:00 PM PST

    The shops always seem to have terrible loot in them - what do I actually spend the $$ you earn in game on?

    submitted by /u/ConvoyPlays
    [link] [comments]

    Borderlands 2 OP level progression

    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 04:51 PM PST

    So I just picked up borderlands 2 again. Last time I played truly dived into this game level cap was 65.

    I understand cap is now 80 with OP levels. Something I don't understand is how I should progress? I just beat the main story on UVHM but want to tackle OP levels and get the best gear possible.

    Right now I'm level 69 (nice). So should I hit level cap first then go for OP levels? Once I do OP levels do I need to start the story from the beginning (for mission only weapons)? Do I need to grind new gear for each OP level?

    submitted by /u/DriveNo8073
    [link] [comments]

    Tiny Tina one-shot/Handsome Collection?

    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 04:45 PM PST

    Are the two compatible or will I have to purchase the standalone to play with friends on standalone? Thanks for your help

    submitted by /u/Sven_Gooliani
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to get a Rowan's Call

    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 10:49 AM PST

    Trying to get a Rowan's Call for my siren build, I'd read it was best farmed in slaughter star 3000 so today I thought I would have a crack at farming it, got through the 5 levels and a grand total of zero bosses spawned, you can imagine how rewarded I felt.

    Anyone know anywhere else I can get one? I'm hoping that's not the only place I'm going to find one...

    submitted by /u/calrodger
    [link] [comments]

    TINY TINA ONE SHOT ADVENTURE

    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 06:46 PM PST

    I'm looking for how to upgrade my capacity before I venture into TVHM. I just beat the $10 game on normal mode.

    submitted by /u/TeachTheFuture817
    [link] [comments]

    Why couldn’t my boy 1340 be in BL3?

    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 03:55 PM PST

    For real though I'm guessing a lot of people found both of the 1340 items annoying in BL2 but with all the talking guns in BL3 I'm surprised they didn't bring him back at least in his shield form or something.

    submitted by /u/KATCHUPMACHINE
    [link] [comments]

    Save Editor for Wonderlands One Shot?

    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 11:06 AM PST

    Any idea if one exists or if it'll be possible to edit your saves at some point?

    submitted by /u/StophOG
    [link] [comments]

    anyone else think psychos are oddly hot?

    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 07:13 PM PST

    [this isn't really nsfw, but it's like kind of in the realm]

    been playing borderlands for a while, but for some reason the psychos have just always been sorta attractive to me, just wondering if anyone else agrees lol

    submitted by /u/beepboop4000
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment