• Breaking News

    Monday, August 31, 2020

    Borderlands Gearbox should change their approach to level cap increases

    Borderlands Gearbox should change their approach to level cap increases


    Gearbox should change their approach to level cap increases

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    The main thing I see people cite as the reason they aren't playing the game is due to level cap increases. It makes some people feel like playing is a waste of time because any loot they get is subject to becoming irrelevant in the future. It's a dilemma because level cap increases are necessary for the game's longevity but are also can discourage people from playing.

    The first mistake was adding small level cap increases for each DLC rather than just one big increase. BL3 has had 4 level cap increases in its one year of existence while BL2 had 3 level cap increases in its 8 years of existence. People are much more accepting of having to re grind everything every few years rather than months. I understand the DLC season is over which means this won't happen for a while, but if rumors are true about more DLC for this game, they should not repeat the mistake of constant cap increases.

    The second thing they should change is transparency with level cap increases. Many people are hesitant to play or come back to the game simply because they don't know how long it will be until they have to re grind everything. I don't expect gearbox to just tell the community their entire plans for the future, but if they could tell the community an estimate or something so we aren't totally in the dark.

    Lastly I think they should work on an actual solution to the problem. You want to have it so players don't feel like the game is constantly making your hard earned loot irrelevant while also not taking away a reason to grind and keep playing. This idea has been discussed many times but I think making it so you can use eridium can be used to bring items up to your level is the best solution. The cost should be steep so it would only be worth it to use on your very best items with perfect rolls. This makes it so anyone who has farmed or wants to farm for that perfect roll can do so without risking that item being irrelevant in the future, but also keep them grinding.

    submitted by /u/ptheiway
    [link] [comments]

    Help me find a player

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 03:23 AM PDT

    Earlier tonight i was playing with a random guy, he friend invited me, but my game crashed and it lost the invite. His name was something along the lines of "macabious", he was playing a lvl 18 maya, i was using a lvl 38 gaige, and we did the beacon defense mission.

    Please help me find him!

    submitted by /u/ShieldsUp7
    [link] [comments]

    Borderlands 3 feels like no one plays it outside of the first two weeks of a DLC release

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    ...and maybe that's because very few do?

    It doesn't matter if I sit in the inferior-to-Borderlands-2 Matchmaking window or let it run in the background. It rarely matchmakes me on PC unless I choose campaign. Campaign is a grab bag of save-quit farmers, AFKers and repeat content players.

    The game, community-wise feels empty and a little dead outside of a 2-3 week window of a major DLC release. Due to this "dead" feeling when it comes to matchmaking I'm much less motivated to play or grind as co-op game play for me, makes the game feel much more "alive" and is much more enjoyable. I want to want to play, but I also want to feel like there are players to play with. As it sits right now I rarely login and play BL3, but I wish I wanted to.

    Note: I have fast fiber-optic internet so I know it's not me as I matchmake in other games (Destiny 2, Titanfall 2, etc) just fine.

    submitted by /u/MechroBlaster
    [link] [comments]

    Why did gearbox not do any dlc vault hunters for bl3?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    In bl2, krieg and gaige were the most fun to play besides salvador, in bltps Aurelia and Timothy are the best and most over powered vault hunters. Why is there no doc vault hunters for bl3?

    submitted by /u/cum_in_anime_lolis
    [link] [comments]

    guardian takedown vs maliwan takedown, balancing isnt the same

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 08:35 PM PDT

    ok so, i just tear through maliwan takedown ( i die sometimes but its fun), and when i enter guardian takedown it becomes this mess of either op or nothing

    i mean it RLY feels as if they have different health, armor, shield balancing it feels rly bloated, and one of my friends did test this too, same for him

    we deal same dmg, but the health bars dont move the same,

    do you feel the same? i dont even want to start about the immense difference in how they scattered the fights spawns and vendors.

    but the scaling feels like its double or triple of what maliwan has, its rly aparent now with the current event, but maybe im wrong... it rly looks this way though

    submitted by /u/Irarius
    [link] [comments]

    Issue accessing Borderlands 1 DLC in the Legendary Collection

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 07:09 AM PDT

    I just purchased the Legendary Collection for Switch (physical copy) and am loving it so far, but I cannot access the Borderlands 1 DLC. The 4 locations are orange in the fast travel station and cannot be selected. I just got to New Haven, so at this point I definitely should be able to travel to the DLC locations. Has anyone else encountered this issue or found a solution?

    Edit: Figured it out - I'm dumb. The names of the expansions are orange and unaccessible, but the fast travel locations are available below.

    submitted by /u/chillinchuck2017
    [link] [comments]

    Borderlands 1 and 2 not working after downloading the latest update.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 08:18 AM PDT

    Hello, I like to ask if anyone else has had this bug pop up for them as well. I recently downloaded updates for the first two borderlands games on my switch and now the games won't start up. I'll get past the little Nintendo switch logo in the corner load up screen and then the game will immediately crash. Even uninstalling the games and redownloading them hasn't work. Has anyone else had this problem?

    submitted by /u/TLordofEpic
    [link] [comments]

    Maliwan takedown

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 03:46 PM PDT

    I need around 3-4 people on ps4 to help me do the maliwan takedown, my name on ps4 is CosmoCooke you don't need a mic you can use one if you want

    submitted by /u/CosmicalFrog
    [link] [comments]

    Maggie drop rate?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:23 PM PDT

    So I've been farming the Cistern or Slaughter for about 8 hours now, no Maggie, no Lyuda. Is there a quicker farm for them? I'm getting about 30 Legs a go on Mayhem 10

    submitted by /u/keeljak
    [link] [comments]

    Best Experience in Base Game

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    I've been away for a while, play basically joltzdude's Deputy FL4K 2.0 build, L57, and I'm wondering where the best XP is at nowadays in the main game without DLC, as I work towards L60 in anticipation of DLC4 with easy Mayhem going on? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DemonicMRX11
    [link] [comments]

    [BL3] No update on fourth skill tree in the next dlc.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    With the fourth dlc coming out next week and no word on the fourth skill tree. How likely is it that the new tree will be future dlc down the road? Maybe apart of a new level cap in season 2, if we're getting one.

    submitted by /u/Bigcat9715
    [link] [comments]

    tink stuck in a blue crate

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 11:15 AM PDT

    you would think gearbox would have fixed this by now. its been going on for a long time. i like playing the slaughter shaft and a tink keeps getting stuck in a blue crate. this is a game breaker, because i cant progress to the next wave until all the enemies are dead.

    submitted by /u/mmrock2000
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way I can go back to an old save? (BORDERLANDS 2)

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 05:05 AM PDT

    So, I Launch up Borderlands 2, I hit "Continue", but instead of hitting the "continue" button, I accidentally made a big screw-up. I hit "New Game". It didn't even ask me if I really wanted to start a new game. So, is there any way I can reload a previous save? I really don't want to restart everything.

    submitted by /u/Abudie03
    [link] [comments]

    Best "order" for BL2

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    Context: Played BL2 at launch. I'm pretty sure I finished the main story and maybe eventually a couple of DLC, but I'm honestly not sure since it's been so long. With the next BL3 DLC on the way, I've shelved what farming I had left for now since it's pointless.

    I want to replay BL2, but am a bit overwhelmed by the 8 years of DLC. I have a decent chunk of DLC from some sort of package back in the day, but I see some that I don't have. My first issue is that I'm not entirely sure what DLC is 'must have'. And additionally, what order I should do things in.

    • Main story first - all sidequests before I go to TVHM? UVHM?
    • Any particular order to do the DLCs in? Does it matter?
    • Should I wait for UVHM before doing any DLC?
    submitted by /u/ZannX
    [link] [comments]

    Are these the BEST Jakobs weapons for Moze?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 03:13 AM PDT

    Hey Everyone!

    It's your friendly Neighbourhood Moze Main, Nootmad, coming back at you with another opinion post, this time around what i think are the best Jakobs weapons you guys should try out on Moze! If you guys aren't a fan of long text posts, I actually made a video on it that you can find here! ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhZCz6yYU4Q ), but if text posts are more your speed, here we go! Hope you guys find it useful :D

    The Weapons

    The first gun that i would suggest is the recently buffed headsplosion sniper rifle. You can get one for yourself from the monkey king himself, King Bobo from Voracious Canopy. The annoint i recommend is the 300/90 for those nutty one shot kills. The reason why i recommend the headplsoion for moze is due to the fact that it a) does splash on hit and b) can ricochet and potentially crit, making it incredibly useful with things like a mindsweeper class mod or a blastmaster class mod. In the gameplay in my above linked video, im using a 0.m amp shield to increase the potential damage output of this loadout. With this setup, you can easily run a sniper moze build and scratch that itch of wanting a powerful setup that allows moze to take and win long range engagements.

    The second gun on this list is the clairvoyance, a DLC2 weapon that drops from the Kritchy in Cursehaven. I recommend either the 300/90 annoint or the consecutive hits annoint. The clairvoyance can come in a standard semi auto variant, a gatlin variant as well as a masher option. Out of these 3, i highly recommend the gatlin variant to its higher damage potential. The clairvoyance works very nicely when comined with the mindsweeper class mod due to its initial projectile, and the sticky projectile both being able to proc a mindsweeper micro nade essentially doubling your chance to do damage in a single shot. Combined with the auto fire mode, you can piece together why the clairvoyance is a solid assault rifle for moze to use.

    The third weapon that works well on moze, is the skullmasher. Yet another sniper rifle that drops from Eista the sometimes invincible from Skittermaw Basin. The skullmasher is a multi pellet, fast firing sniper that i would honestly recommend to use in short range engagements rather that long distances. Its high recoil makes it clunky to use over long ranges, but at short ranges, and with the 300/90 annointment, it does very well. Paired with a mindsweeper class mod, and you got a lethal combination to mob with.

    The fourth weapon is a pistol that comes in the form of The Bloom. Its a DLC3 drop form the Ruiner in Craters Edge. And yeah. Its a very solid pistol overall. Although it does have a charge up to deal its max damage, you can still spam the fire button and mob very reliably. Pair this with a 300/90 annoint a mindsweeper class mod, and you got a nice, reliable jakobs pistol to crush your enemies with.

    And finally, we have the Lucky 7. a DLC1 pistol that drops from Scraptrap Prime in The Compactor. Now, i personally dont enjoy using the Lucky 7 but i know some of you guys will be wondering why i didnt mention it, so im gonna quickly talk about it now. The lucky 7 has the unique effect of being able to different things for each reload. But once you get a good reload bonus, moze can sustain it near infinitely when combined with a heavily invested bottomless mags setup. Damage wise, the lucky 7 is absolutely ridicilous, and is technically one of mozes best weapons. However, its upside is also its downside, and the reason why i dont enjoy using it. In order to get it to deal its maximum damage, you have to basically keep rerolling your bonuses untill you get what you need, in most cases, it will be the masher, amp and splash roll. This can take some time depending on how... Wait for it... LUCKY you are, but once you do, youre good to go.

    The End

    So yeah, that rounds out what i think are some of the best Jakobs weaponry you can get for Moze to smash through any content currently in the game. If you made it this far, i just want to thank you guys for reading the whole thing, and i hope you found it useful. I also want to let you know that i actually do a lot of video breakdowns just like on my own YouTube Channel here ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq7Q7Ss3etUU0kksVBfpktA/ ) so feel free to check that out if you're after some cool Moze builds and general information to improve your game knowledge!Like always, if you have any questions or thoughts, let me know in the comments! I hope you guys found this quick discussion useful, take care of yourselves and I'll see you guys next post! o/

    submitted by /u/nivman1410
    [link] [comments]

    Non-DLC gearing for Amara

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 10:22 AM PDT

    For now I'm playing without the DLC's and I'm a bit lost regarding what kind of weaponry, shields and relics I should be looking for. At the moment my level 60 Amara is utilising Ties That Bind, Samsara and elemental damage.

    I've tried a decent variety of weapons I've been able to acquire solo and so far Hellshock seems to be an excellent choice and it has solidified a spot in my inventory. Similarly, I have a corrosive Lyuda, which provides great, even if situational, utility.

    However, after this I'm not quite certain what I should aim for. I've been utilising Back Ham and Transformer as my shields as they seem to provide even more survivability, which is great for solo play, but I'm not sure if they are the optimal picks.

    Thank you and happy gaming!

    submitted by /u/SilentThing
    [link] [comments]

    BL3 server timeout?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    When I try to join a social game I keep getting booted with a "Server timeout" error. I have cycled my router and cleared my cache. Multiplayer works fine on Halo and other games.

    submitted by /u/GodzillaTX916
    [link] [comments]

    Need a player

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 08:36 AM PDT

    Uvhm.....AHHHHH!

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 06:49 AM PDT

    I have reached tundra express and I have also reached my sanity. Idk if I'm stoopid but I'm dying left and right. Any tips for Uvhm because it's like an entirely new game to me. I'm also Salvador because I'm noob lmao. (Solo player). Any feedback would be great!

    submitted by /u/C0laN
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment