• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 30, 2021

    Borderlands [Theory] [Spoilers] Zarpedon knew about the Great Vault

    Borderlands [Theory] [Spoilers] Zarpedon knew about the Great Vault


    [Theory] [Spoilers] Zarpedon knew about the Great Vault

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 05:52 PM PDT

    First, I'd like to say that I did NOT come up with this theory. I first heard of it via u/Gingerfly's post on r/BorderlandsPreSequel and ended up really liking it, and the more I thought about it the more I wanted to look more into it! I will be outlining a few specific claims for this theory and describing the evidence for them, as well as get into some minor supporting pieces of evidence and some evidence against this theory. Anyway, enough preamble, lets get into it.

    The Theory

    The theory simply states that Zarpedon was attempting to stop the opening of the Great Vault by destroying its key, rather than attempting to stop people from learning of the Vault of the Warrior.

    Claims and Evidence

    Claim 1: The Vault of the Sentinel contained visions and information of the future, rather than just information on the Vault of the Warrior.

    Evidence:

    The final cutscene shows Jack touching the artifact inside the Vault of the Sentinel, and he begins to receive the premonitions it contained. We are shown that these premonitions don't include just visions of the Vault of the Warrior and the Warrior itself, but also explicitly include Lilith at the Vault of the Warrior charging the Key. I believe that if the Vault of the Sentinel simply had information on the Vault of the Warrior, Lilith would not have been shown, as she is not explicitly a requirement for the Vault Key to be charged or the Vault of the Warrior to be opened.

    Also, it is possible that the premonitions are selective or at least pertain just to Vaults and other Eridian interests. This would explain why Jack could see these premonitions but seem to not be aware of his own death or the death of Angel.

    Claim 2: Jack did not see the entire premonition due to being interrupted by Lilith attacking him, but Zarpedon had seen it in its entirety.

    Evidence:

    In Vorago Solitude, echo recordings can be found recorded by Zarpedon that describe the Lost Legion's journey from being abandoned by Dahl to discovering the Vault of the Sentinel.

    The fourth echo describes what I believe to be the Watcher leading Zarpedon and her team into the Vault. She says

    The knowledge it contains is too powerful. Keeping that Vault out of human hands is the only thing that matters!

    This tells us that Zarpedon was allowed and in fact led into the Vault of the Sentinel and allowed to see the knowledge of the future it holds, likely meaning that she remained uninterrupted throughout the premonition.

    Also, Zarpedon is shown to have some sort of purple residue or scar originating from her eyes. She probably wasn't born like this, and based on the knowledge that she had seen what was in the Vault of the Sentinel and how in the final cutscene we see that the premonition was given to Jack from the artifact via a purple beam flowing into his eyes, we can assume that this was a result of her using the artifact. However, after Lilith punches Jack during use of the artifact, we see his eyes (or his one good eye left lol) do not have this scar or residue. I believe this implies that there was much more to the premonition that Jack didn't see due to this interruption, likely spanning many more years into the future.

    Claim 3: If Zarpedon was truly attempting to retroactively stop the opening of the Vault of the Warrior, she would have simply focused on killing Jack rather than destroying Elpis.

    Evidence:

    Based on what we've established so far, we know that the Vault of the Sentinel contains an artifact that seems to show the future to those who use it, specifically events up to and including the opening of the Vault of the Warrior at the very least.

    Based on this alone, Zarpedon should have seen that Jack himself was responsible for awakening the Warrior, so why did she not just kill Jack?

    She and the Lost Legion were more than willing to kill innocent people for the good of the many, so killing Jack would've been a walk in the park. Despite this, the Lost Legion doesn't specifically target Jack. At the beginning of the game, when they surround Jack and have a chance to kill him, they just kick him and make no direct efforts to find and kill him after he escapes Helios. Zarpedon would have known who Jack was prior to the siege and ordered the Lost Legion to do everything in their power to kill him.

    Miscellaneous Point(s)

    The fourth thing Zarpedon says in The Pre-Sequel is

    I want this station and I want to save the universe.

    I don't know about you, but I don't consider the Warrior to be a threat to the universe, just Pandora. However, the Great Vault is a universal threat, and if Zarpedon knew of its existence this goal makes much more sense.

    Issues and Holes

    The sixth Echo in Vorago Solitude:

    Oh man if this echo didn't exist I'd be so happy. The sixth echo in Vorago Solitude describes Zarpedon finding out that the Vault of the Destroyer was opened on Pandora, and saying that the only way to keep the Vault of the Sentinel safe is by destroying it.

    This does, unfortunately, poke a few holes in the theory and is the main reason why I believe that ultimately the theory is canonically untrue. Zarpedon explicitly states that her intention is to destroy the Vault of the Sentinel.

    Also, in conjunction with the fourth echo described earlier, this says she wasn't focused on Jack learning of the Vault of the Warrior but was instead focused on stopping anybody from learning of it.

    Zarpedon's Last Words:

    When we last see Zarpedon, she starts to say that the knowledge in the Vault of the Sentinel will trigger a chain of events, but she is cut off when Jack kills her and is unable to explain more. According to this theory, she would have been trying to tell Jack about the Great Vault. However, the events on Elpis and Pandora following her death would not have directly led to the opening of the Great Vault.

    In Borderlands 3, the only reason the Great Vault was being opened was because Troy and Tyreen knew of it from Typhon, all of whom were isolated on Nekrotafeyo during the events of all Borderlands games except for 3. Troy and Tyreen would have attempted to open the Great Vault regardless of whether Jack entered the Vault of the Sentinel or not.

    That's everything I have! Despite the glaring hole that I want to stick that Echo up I've made this theory my personal head canon because I think it fits so well otherwise. Thanks for humoring my Borderlands addiction and thank you to u/GingerFly for your post. If anybody has any more evidence for or against this theory I'd love to hear it! :)

    Edit: just fixed some formatting that was bothering me lmao

    submitted by /u/battle_clown
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your favorite borderlands dlc?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 12:42 PM PDT

    What's your favorite borderlands dlc. Mine is jakobs cove. The zombie one. I just find it so satisfying to blast hundreds of zombies.

    Edit: I meant bl1 sorry if that was confusing

    submitted by /u/Mrpanda76543
    [link] [comments]

    Director's Cut Quick Guide

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 11:16 AM PDT

    https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2021-03-30-borderlands-3-vault-cards-diamond-keys-guide/

    Just saw Gearbox posted this guide to the vault cards and diamond keys in the Director's Cut DLC, didn't see a post for it here so I figure I'd share it!

    The most important thing to me is it looks like the vault cards system isn't FOMO bullshit, it isn't time limited or anything like that. They mention you can choose which one is active and progress on it like challenges have usually worked in the series.

    Overall I'm looking forward to the Director's Cut- I know a lot of people have issues with it, and just a few of those grievances might actually be legit and not only whining, but in the end it's more Borderlands and that's more than good enough for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    submitted by /u/EverGreenOakTree
    [link] [comments]

    3 Golden Keys, expire March 31st

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 06:42 AM PDT

    WSKBB-Z666Z-C6KRZ-FBTB3-9WCKT

    submitted by /u/Loreweaver15
    [link] [comments]

    Rarity

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 09:14 PM PDT

    How do i get higher rarity weapons in the tps and does doing the to arms quest effect those chances

    submitted by /u/paleoboythedemon12
    [link] [comments]

    Stingray

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 08:38 PM PDT

    So i was headed to carry out nothing is never an option which takes place in outland spur and springs suggests i grab a stingray but from what i can tell there is no viable way to get a sting ray through

    submitted by /u/paleoboythedemon12
    [link] [comments]

    Do all Borderlands 2 GOTY on PS3 comes with some DLCs on the disc?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 01:17 PM PDT

    Do the DLCs from the Game of the Year Edition of Borderlands 2 come with the disc? Is there some versions using vouchers, or some without DLCs at all?

    submitted by /u/EtagereQuebec
    [link] [comments]

    About to play through BL3 for the first time with Amara, is there a good all around build someone can point me to?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 04:57 PM PDT

    I love the siren characters so I wanted to give Amara a first shot, that being said, I typically hate Melee which I know she has a focus on. Is there a good gun damage build that someone can point me to?

    submitted by /u/dperls
    [link] [comments]

    Connection Problem

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 01:38 PM PDT

    Greetings, me and my friends are trying to play Borderlands together but one of them Has major issue, with lag spiking, for some reason across all Borderlands Games (and only borderlands games as far as i know) he has Major lags regarding shooting and moving, standard slow connection stuff, but the thing is he has best i internet out of all of us 11mb/s of download spead to be exact and i don't know how can this be such an issue, this problem even occurs when he is hosting but it only occurs on our side, but we never had this kind of issues without him. Any clues?

    submitted by /u/DiJin425
    [link] [comments]

    Borderlands 2 and TPS Won't launch (not even the launcher)

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 12:41 PM PDT

    Already posted this on the BL2 reddit but I figured I might give it a shot here as well so...

    Hi everyone! I've been having problems with my game and for the past 3 hours have been trying to fix it but nothing has worked. I've checked as many threads as possible but still nothing has worked so far..
    Basically when I try to launch the game from steam steam tries to get the game started, and shows the "running" status for 1 or 2 seconds but then suddenly just crashes and goes back to the "play" option. Not even the launcher manages to launch. The farthest I've gotten is getting the little gray pop up that says "preparing to launch borderlands 2" Also the same exact thing happens with borderlands the pre sequel as well. Borderlands 1 GOTY and GOTY enhanced run fine.
    Here are the solutions I've tried (or that I recall trying, i might've tried more)

    - restarting Steam and my PC
    - Uninstalling and re installing the game and steam as well
    - updating my drivers and uninstalling old versions
    - updating C++
    - adding all the possible DirectX versions (I know BL2 runs on 9)
    - running it in compatibility mode (I run windows 10 pro 64bit)
    - turning off my anti virus and fire wall
    - clearing the cache
    - Verifying the integrity of the game files (I keep on getting an error saying that 1 file was not found and will be downloaded but it never is)
    - Running the file as administrator
    - Running the application directly from the folder
    - Deleting all the files that weren't placed in folders within the games local directory and then verifying the integrity of the game
    - Tried installing the latest net framework version but I already have it so it cant be reinstalled.

    These are all the things that come to mind.. If anyone has experienced the same thing and has a way to fix it that would be greatly appreciated!! Although I get the feeling this might be a windows 10 update kind of problem...

    Thank you all, in advance!

    submitted by /u/Hozanga
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentally accepted wrong mission

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 04:18 AM PDT

    Hey guys. I accidentally accepted a mission that I can't do it right now. How can I cancel it?

    submitted by /u/the_oldfritz
    [link] [comments]

    Ps4 base game download size?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 07:55 AM PDT

    So here I am... making the same mistake I did years ago with the witcher 3. Buy dlcs and forgot to check my disc was from another region! So I'm thinking on getting the digital version, so I can use the dlcs I already bought. My only problem is where I am right now the internet is kind of bad. So, does anyone know how many gb could be the base game these days? 40gb or something like 80gb XO

    submitted by /u/Eugene_USA26
    [link] [comments]

    When's the earliest in a brand new copy of the game that I can use the new skill trees, and how? (Yes, I have the DLC for it)

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 06:45 AM PDT

    Google is completely useless for this question, I just keep finding old discussions from before they were released.

    submitted by /u/Rawrkanos_Michael
    [link] [comments]

    I cannot beat WARDEN

    Posted: 30 Mar 2021 07:12 AM PDT

    I'm playing as zero and just can't even get his shields down I have corrosion everything and still just get raped and I'm level 15 already left and leveled up a couple times

    submitted by /u/kingcarter420
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment